My blogging buddy and fellow ex-pat Mark up in Helsingborg has tagged me to list “Five Things You Don’t Know About Me”…which to my mind is very similar to the “Five Things That Might Surprise People About Me” tag that was pinned on me back in December.
My first instinct was to just republish the original list, because 1) I’m lazy and B) I don’t think I can come up with an additional five things about myself that anyone would find remotely interesting. But what the hell…
1. I was born on the 4th of July. This is a VERY Big Deal in the U.S. In Sweden…not so much.
2. I host a weekly radio program (in English) for international students at Lund University during the academic year.
3. Reality TV Shows are one of my most embarrassing guilty pleasures. I’ve been known to re-arrange my life around the latest season of The Amazing Race.
4. Despite getting a late start at doing it on a regular basis, I’m actually a quite decent cook. (The years of observing my Mom clearly had an impact!)
5. I cannot get into an unmade bed. If the bed hasn’t been made by the last person out of it (House Rule at The Penthouse-Nordic, and 99.5% of the time it’s Dr. Darling) by bedtime the following evening, I will make it myself before getting into it.