I realize that I’m WAY late to this particular party, but the “behind he scenes” look at the production of Oprah Winfrey’s final season in 2011 has just now started airing in Sweden.
Having worked in for a time in the broadcast industry, I have kind of a built-in appreciation for the hard work that goes on before, during and after the actual in-studio taping of a show like Oprah. But even I’ve learned a few things from watching just a couple of episodes.
1. “Oprah Behind the Scenes” is way more interesting than the actual Oprah Winfrey Show.
2. Oprah brought her dog to work.
3. Oprah did not wear shoes at Harpo Studios unless she was actually taping in front of her studio audience.
4. The studio audience at Harpo Studios was MUCH smaller than it looked when you were watching the show on TV.
5. The team of producers that Oprah regularly cited as “the best in the business” seemed to screw up on a fairly regular basis.
6. I would have killed to work on the Oprah Winfrey Show.